There is little to no doubt that when it comes to werewolf sagas, John Landis’ American Werewolf In London is the quintessential 80’s werewolf flick. This timeless film has appeared on more than half of the inspirational films list from our FearMakers, Rick Baker’s transformation scene is a staple in the make-up world. From Paul Davis, writer and director of the award-winning documentary Beware the Moon and Dead Mouse Productions Ltd who brought you 245 Trioxin: The Story of the Return of the Living Dead and ou’re so Cool, Brewster! The Story of Fright Night comes Beware the Moon: The Story of An American Werewolf in London.
The two hundred page hardback book delves deeper into the memories and experiences of over 35 of the cast and crew including, John Landis, Rick Baker, David Naughton, Jenny Agutter, Griffin Dunne, John Woodvine, Frank Oz and many more. Beware The Moon: The Story of An American Werewolf in London tells the story of how Landis’ dream came to fruition, as well as containing a plethora of exclusive pictures from the film set.
“Paul Davis’ new book BEWARE THE MOON is a complete and accurate accountof the making of An American Werewolf In London as told by the filmmakers, bothcast and crew. It’s terrific! Fans of the film will love it.” — John Landis
Beware The Moon is a collector book, which means there are only 1,000 copies available. Each copy is signed and numbered, and ship in August. Check out more features expected to be in the book:
- Over 300 behind the scenes photos, many of which have NEVER been published before.
- Interviews with over 35 members of the original cast and crew. Including material from both the original Beware the Moon documentary sessions and brand new commentary from the likes of John Landis and Rick Baker
- Foreword by writer, director and producer Mick Garris
- Exclusive cover art by Graham Humphreys
- Commentary from Guillermo del Toro, Neil Marshall, Edgar Wright, Greg Nicotero, Tom Savini, Eli Roth, Wes Craven, and many more!
- A chat with cast and crew as to how An American Werewolf in London inspired the making of Michael Jackson’sThriller
- An exploration into the basement of Bob Burns, his wonderful American Werewolf collection and the mind blowing restoration work carried out by Tom Spina
- A look into the making of the 2009 Beware The Moon documentary.